Poor security arrangements could make a massive difference to the continued success of a company or organisation. Regardless of how well the business performs, if security is neglected, profits and success could go down the drain.
Our security risk assessments help clients to identify risk levels and to assess whether their current arrangements are adequate and appropriate for the risk.
Often, insurance companies will offer discounts to companies that have carried out a security risk assessment.
Security risk assessment include the following three components:
- Threat identification
- Existing control measures
- An assessment of risk based on the threat and on existing controls
Our security risk assessors use guidance from the Security Industry Authority (SIA) when conducting assessments. The following topics are covered by our security risk assessments:
- Risk to employees and visitors on the premises
- Risk to employees when moving around company sites
- Cyber security
- Activism or extremism
- Hostile media attention
- Corporate espionage
- Insider threats
- Employee vetting processes
- Information and data security
- Impact of local crime on the business
When carrying out security risk assessment, we will undertake various activities, depending on the business, premises and geographical locations. These are likely to include:
- Review of existing documentation, policies and procedures
- Interviewing key personnel
- Sampling of employees
- Open source research of local threats, crime, activism and emerging threats
- Survey of social media in relation to the business
- A physical survey of the premises to check the level of physical security devices and CCTV
A comprehensive report will be compiled and presented to the business. In addition, an action plan will be developed to help the business plan and implement additional control measures that may be required.